Monday, January 18, 2010

I'm afraid of flying. What meds will control my anxiety?

I plan on flying to Puerto Rico during Thanksgiving. Haven't flown for 10yrs. and definitely not after 9-11. I will be w/ my daughter who's 5yrs. old who's never flown before and I'm afraid I'll get an anxiety attack when where up in the air. I have made an appt. w/ my Dr. already to see what he can give me to help me. I want to make sure, what can I take that'll definitely have me ';undercontol';. I'm very afraid.I'm afraid of flying. What meds will control my anxiety?
Don't take ';meds.'; People rely too much on drugs these days. Hence the outrageous control the pharmaceutical companies have over society.





One natural solution is Kava. It comes in tea and you could drink this before or during the flight. It's a good relaxant and I like it. Also, just remember flying is incredibly safe, so just relax, take some deep breathes and enjoy your trip!





Also, talk to the airline beforehand, they can usually be helpful. The flight attendants can assist you while in flight. Let them know of your concerns.I'm afraid of flying. What meds will control my anxiety?
If you suffer from extreme anxiety i am sure the doctor will prescribe you a medicine for this. Klonopine is a prescribed medicine for anxiety and for controlling phobias.
idk but heres something to think about. there are thousands of car accidents every year and usually only 1 or 2 plane crashes. flying is was safer than driving.
I would go to the doctor and see if he can prescribe you a few Xanax as stated. I know that when I had a root canal done, I saw my doctor and he prescribe 5 pills for me...it's worth a try :)





You really don't have to worry about flying. It is still the safest way to travel. Did you know that more people die from mosquito bites per year than plane crashes? And just an interesting fact for you...about 150 people die per year from falling coconuts...so, I'd be more worried about the coconut trees in Purto Rico than the plane ride. Have a safe and enjoyable trip !!!
Xanax controls anxiety. Klonopin(sp?) would make you not care about a thing, the plane is could be crashing and you would be at the window looking out and laughing telling them to go faster.
Your chances of being involved in an aircraft accident are about 1 in 11 million. On the other hand, your chances of being killed in an automobile accident are 1 in 5000. Statistically, you are at far greater risk driving to the airport than getting on an airplane. However, the perception is that you have more control over your fate when you are in your car than as a passenger traveling on an airplane. Experience shows otherwise, considering that over 50,000 people are killed on the highways every year. Media coverage would suggest that airline crashes happen every day. Studies have shown one would have to fly once a day every day for over 15,000 years in order to statistically be involved in an aircraft accident';


Flying is very very safe. Don鈥檛 worry about terrorists that is the least likely thing to go wrong on a commercial flight in the US these days. Flying in the United States is very safe, there has not been a major airline crash in the US since November of 2001! That is a long time for no major crashes and only on fatality in the last seven years for the Major Airlines in the US.


Even when there is a problem on an airplane, if an engine fails on takeoff or an engine fire etc.. 99% of the time the plane lands safely. Planes these days are amazing piece of technology and the pilots are trained better than ever. If you not afraid to drive in a car you should not be afraid to fly in a plane.


Just sit back relax and try to enjoy the flight. Its one of the safest things you can do much safer than driving a car, walking down the street, or even sleeping in your house. More people have died on North American highways in the year 2006 than the amount of people who have died in powered flight aviation whole 104 year history!


Also the best way to completely get over your fears is go to you local General aviation airport and take flying lessons! Once you fly in a small airplane a few times and learn that airplanes fly and that鈥檚 all they do you will be much more confident with flying on commercial planes. You will learn a lot with a few flying lessons. I could even teach you a lot by just showing you my Microsoft Flight Simulator. Flying is a great experience, once you get used to it and learn what makes airplanes fly etc.. your fears go away trust me, I used to be a little bit scared to fly too. Now I LOVE it.

No comments:

Post a Comment