Saturday, January 16, 2010

Feed thru fly control?

I know with some horse supplements, such as horseshoer's secret, it can take several months to take effect. Does anyone know how long it would take for SimpliFly with LarvaStop Feed-Thru Fly Control to take effect? Also, if I gave my gelding the feed thru fly contol, would I still need to fly spray him?Feed thru fly control?
We use SimpliFly and it does take a few months to be effective. Such supplements are primarily for long term fly reduction. I do not spay on a schedule but, do use a spray when riding or transporting my equines off property to protect from all biting insects.





If you board your horse and all horses in the stable are not receiving a feed through fly control supplement, it does little good to give it to yours.Feed thru fly control?
feed them garlic powder, thats what a horse at my barn takes and it seemingly works.
Good question, gave ya a star.





I will be interested in hearing what the results are.
Sprays should be used carefully if you have more than 1 horse, as the 'groom' each other, resulting in ingestion of the chemicals left on the coat.





I use apple cider vinegar in their water during the summer. 1 gal vinegar per 100 gal of water. In about 1 week, most flys and mosquitos start leaving them alone. (It comes out in the sweat and apparently doesn't 'taste' good to the 'biting' insects!) They still get bothered some, but less, by regular houseflys.

No comments:

Post a Comment