Saturday, January 16, 2010

Have you used Fly Predators to control the flies?

I am considering buying some but wanted to hear from some people who have used them first. Has anyone had any trouble with them?Have you used Fly Predators to control the flies?
I have used them with great success. I upped my shipments to every 3 weeks.





They do not control horse flies, deer flies, or black flies that go from cattle to horses. You still have to spray or wipe or protect your herd when those are around. The predators control other forms of flies and keep them from reproducing by invading the fly larvae. They do not knock down an existing population. You must use the predators before your flies even get started to do the optimum job.





The predators are harmless and very easy to spread. Follow the directions when they start to hatch. I use Spaulding Labs and they are very customer friendly. If your pkg. comes dead for any reason, they send you a new one right away.





When I started using them I was shocked how bad other barns and pastures were with flies when ours was not. During farrier work last summer, I counted 3 flies in the barn drawn to the trimmings. We swatted them.Have you used Fly Predators to control the flies?
Natural predators for flies are one of the best control methods, they are one of the most cost effective ways to manage the fly population. On my dairy farm we are lucky enough to have some bald faced hornets and they eat flies like mad I love it and the cows do too.
They work on some species of flies but not all.


They definetely cut down on flies a lot.


I used them when we had our own horse property, but now that I keep at a stable, it seems pointless to put them around for my horses when no one else does.


Great product though.
No, but I am seriously considering it this year. Thanks to the other answerers for their experiences! Also, I thought bald faced hornets were only angry pests, determined to hurt me. Good to know they're good for something!
we use them at my barn and they work WONDERS!


although we still choose to use fly spray and other fly preventions, there is a definite decrease in flies around the barn and in the fields when we use them.
Yes, the work great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment